I literally feel sick right now. I cannot believe that the decision was made by US officials to not help orphans get to a safe location, whether that be to their adoptive parents or a safe area of the city where they will have the food, water, and medical treatment that they need.
I am appalled. I do not want to hear the "practical" reasons why these decisions were made. I want to scream and throw things. I want to grab people and shake them when they look at me like I've lost my mind for talking so much about these amazing, God-created children. We would NEVER respond this way to a crisis in our own country. Why is it ok in another one?
I am so very upset right now, that I can't even cry. I wish I could. The tears are now stuck. Stuck because I can't imagine my beautiful friends in this situation.
And I know it is wrong of me to worry. I am supposed to trust. At least that's what God told my friend tonight. Do I trust Him? I know the answer is yes, but my mind is full of anger at this situation right now. I know, to the very depths of my being, that God is sovereign. He is in control. He has a plan for each of those precious kiddos. He loves them even more than their parents or I do. He chose them before He laid the foundations of the earth...He knew every single thing about them. He knew that He would get to be their great sustainer right now. That He would offer them hope and a future.
I praise you Father, that in the midst of my anger and concern, that you are there. I know Lord, that your angels are standing guard around those children tonight. I thank you Father for the impenetrable wall of protection that you have placed around the orphanage. Thank you Father, for giving peaceful sleep to those in charge making decisions tomorrow. Refresh them in their time of rest tonight, God. I thank you Father, that you have already prepared a safe place for each of those children. I thank you Father, that you are El Roi, the God who sees. You see their fear, you see their anxiety. And you are there, comforting, soothing, reassuring that you are their strong tower. Oh Father, be the strong tower that these children run to. Be the strong tower for the nannies, and staff. You have promised that if the righteous run to you Lord, they will be safe. Thank you Father for your protection. I praise you Father, that tonight, these children lie down and sleep in peace, because you Lord, make them dwell in safety. Mesi Jezi. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment