Saturday, February 25, 2012

Someday

Someday I will write a blog from Haiti about the day that I had planned going exactly the way I planned it. Today will not be it.  And because of it, I will write in bullet points.

  • cleaned up apartment and made a thin cake-like muffin with muffin mix. (no muffin pan to fit in the oven)
  • picked up Marie France and girls to drop them at a wedding.  They were dressed in formal wear and wanted to know why I wasn't going with them?  
  • Huge security detail passed us (all black cars w/ guns sticking out the windows.  Second to last car not black. President Martelly!  Yep, it was really him.
  • Ran to grocery store with Marla (she didn't want to go to the wedding.  she's at the awkward 'i'm 11 and my little girl dress doesn't fit me and i feel weird in this other dress i'm wearing' phase.  i remember that well.
  • filled cart with things i needed, and a few extras.  got to check out to find my wallet NOT in my purse.  was embarrassed, asked customer service to hold them and i'd be back in a bit with money.  they said ok.
  • Thought it must be either at Marie France's or my house.
  • Met someone from my church in the parking lot. He loaned me money to buy my groceries!!!!
  • Ate ice cream in the car to celebrate the blessing of not needing to drive back to the store to pay for the groceries.
  • went to pick up Marie France and girls at 10:40 (time she said).  Waited until 11:30.  Dropped them off and went home to check for the wallet.
  • No wallet at home.
  • Went back to Marie France's house.  No wallet.  
  • Drove back to store in mid-afternoon traffic.  No wallet.
  • Called my sister for the customer service # for my credit card.
  • Dropped Vickie and Marla at their house.
  • Got home and looked everywhere again, including the freezer.  No wallet.
  • Called Mastercard.  Lady was so amazingly kind and helpful she even gave me the phone number to my bank so I could call about my debit card.
  • Debit card cancelled in a matter of seconds, new one on the way.
  • No one had used either.  Hallelujah!
  • Driver's license is gone.
  • All business cards and contacts on paper are gone.
  • About $50 USD gone (no biggie on that one though)
  • Pictures of my sister and Ethan gone.  A little sad, but can be replaced.
  • No idea what else was inside, BUT NOT MY passport!!!!!
  • Ate Haiti-grown broccoli for lunch (very late lunch) with red wine, followed with M&Ms. Don't judge.  I drove up the crazy hill 2 times today.
  • Am having cheese and crackers for a snack later.  
  • Jackson replaced the burned-out headlight, but now I don't have a license to drive.  Apparently, I can't replace it until I'm back in MO.  Anyone feeling like being my personal driver????

1 comment:

Kathy Cassel said...

I hope it turns up somewhere like under a chair or couch or something. It's a pain to get everything replaced even when you're in the U.S.