At the same time that this is happening, I find myself angry and frustrated that the media would spread such nonsense. If they could "predict" an earthquake for today, why couldn't they do that in January? This insanity continues to perpetuate the fear and helplessness that are so prevalent her. It almost, almost, seems like the messages of fear are delivered when hope is on the decline. Thus squashing any up-tide in confidence here.
I don't know. I'm not Haitian. I have not lived through the things these women and men have lived through. I have not struggled in the ways they have struggled. I can't pretend to know what it is like.
But I can be angry at the injustice of ripping hope away. Over and over, I see the enemy trying to steal, and kill and destroy. But we know that:
You are the helper of the fatherless. LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more.
Psalms 10:14,17-18
Hallelujah God that you have come to heal, and repair, redeem.
No comments:
Post a Comment